In this episode, Jesse talks about how to improve your presentations and public speaking skills, and how that can help you be a leader whom other people think is worth following. Jesse is joined by Kent Julian, who is a speaking coach that delivers speeches to thousands of students, educators, and business professionals all across America each year. Earlier in his career, Kent was a leader within a large national organization, and several years ago he launched Live It Forward, LLC, where he now speaks to people about goal setting, leadership, and career success. Kent also has a Bootcamp twice a year where he trains people who want to become public speakers. Together, Jesse and Kent discuss the following questions:
- For new or up-and-coming leaders, why is effective public speaking required for people to see you as a leader?
- For experienced leaders, why is effective public speaking key for moving your leadership to the next level of impact?
- How do you know if you are an effective speaker … or if you need improvement?
- How does speaking put you in the position of “energy leader”?
- How can you improve your speaking and presenting?
- How do you adapt your presentation content and style to different venues or sizes of groups?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- More from Kent Julian:
- Kent’s teleseminar on how to craft a keynote – Please leave a comment below if you are interested, so we can notify you when this link is available.
- For anyone considering adding professional speaking to their career portfolio: Kent’s Speak It Forward Boot Camp outside of Atlanta, Georgia, on May 2-4, 2013 is THE no-holds barred, information-rich jumpstart you need to stop wasting your time and get to the platform fast. To save $50 off the registration, use the code jesse.
- Hire Kent to speak for your organization: www.KentJulian.com
- Recommended Books
- Related podcasts
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at email@example.com, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.