Storytelling is a key tool for leading change. In episode 102, “Storytelling for Leaders,” Amanda Marko joined us to discuss why it’s such a powerful tool and provided tips for putting it to work. In this episode, Amanda returns to talk more specifically on the “how” of storytelling for leaders, and she explains four storytelling frameworks to lead change:
- Connection story: overcomes natural skepticism by letting people know that you are like them
- Influence story: helps to change someone’s mind
- Success story: a more personal and memorable version of a case study
- Clarity story: an organizational narrative or strategic story
Amanda Marko is president and chief connection officer of Connected Strategy Group, which helps leaders communicate their business strategy and engage stakeholders during times of change. Amanda is one of only a handful of people globally – and the first person in the U.S. – licensed to deliver Storytelling for Leaders, which teaches business leaders a proven method for creating messages that resonate, build engagement, and drive change.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Podcast episode: 102: Storytelling for Leaders: How to Influence, Engage & Inspire
- Other Engaging Leader posts and videos about storytelling
- Website: www.connectedstrategygroup.com
- Workshop: www.connectedstrategygroup.com/storytelling-for-leaders
- Free 30-minute audio training: “Making the Business Case for Storytelling”.
- Twitter: @connectedstrat
- LinkedIN profile: www.linkedin.com/in/amandamarko
- LinkedIN company: www.linkedin.com/company/connected-strategy-group
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Storytelling-For-Leaders-Workshops
- Article: “When Managing Change, Don’t Just Defer to Data”
- Article: “How to Uncover the Secrets Your Employees Hold”
- Article: “The Cure for Micromanaging”
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at email@example.com, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.