Podcast: Play in new window | Download
“Advertising is the tax you pay for not being remarkable.” – Seth Godin
But how do you make sure your business is remarkable — one worth talking about in a positive way? There are just too many examples of organizations that are mediocre, or worse: their people are doing things that cause customers to go on Twitter or Facebook or TripAdvisor and make negative remarks. So how do you make sure the team you lead creates a likeable experience for customers?
To help us answer that, our guest is Dave Kerpen. Dave is a speaker, New York Times best-selling author, CEO of Likeable Local, and chairman of Likeable Media which has had triple-digit revenue growth for 4 consecutive years. His first book was Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (And Other Social Networks). His latest book is Likeable Business: Why Today’s Consumers Demand More and How Leaders Can Deliver.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Likeable Business: Why Today’s Consumers Demand More and How Leaders Can Deliver
- Book: Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (& Other Social Networks)
- Likeable Local: a Facebook marketing solution for small businesses.
- Likeable Media: A Social Media and Word of Mouth Marketing Firm
- LinkedIn article: 11 Simple Concepts to Become a Better Leader
- Dave’s other articles on LinkedIN
- Dave’s articles on Inc
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.
For the transcript of this episode: EL 43: How to Lead a Likeable Business | with Dave Kerpen