Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In the early 90s, the Iron Curtain fell. More people started using the Internet, and then the Web. The world was becoming smaller, more diverse, and more connected. Market conditions changed more quickly, and became more complex and harder to predict. Also, information was no longer the domain of the corporate brass; everyone in the company could find out what they needed to know.
For decades, Influence 2.0 had been producing superior business results. But then its results fell to simply average, quietly surpassed by a new mode of influence. Welcome to Influence 3.0.
Influence 3.0 is not about you and your vision; it’s about the team. Are you ready to upgrade?
In this episode, Jesse traces the development of influence through three stages:
- Influence 1.0: Management
- Influence 2.0: Leadership
- Influence 3.0: Engagership
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Blog post: From Private Attorney to NGO Director
- Book: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Book: On Becoming a Leader by Warren Bennis
- Book: Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Articles: “Power Is Still the Great Motivator” and “Inside the Mind of the World-Class Leader” by David Burnham
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.