There are five basic ways that people feel revved up by the people they live and work with. Most of us need to receive all five to feel approved, affirmed, respected, and/or loved. But usually, one or two is most significant, and that’s different for everyone.
In this episode, Jesse is joined in the studio by his son JJ, who is studying communication at Spring Arbor University. In honor of Valentine’s Day, they provide a summary of all five “love languages,” as well as a pet animal that helps us remember each one:
- Words of affirmation or approval (Dog)
- Quality time (Canary)
- Gifts (Chicken)
- Acts of service (Goldfish)
- Physical touch (Cat)
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Blog: Fueling Their 5-Stroke Engine: How to Win Lovers and Influence Co-workers
- Book: The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman.
- Book: Have a New You by Friday by Dr. Kevin Leman
- Book: The Noticer by Andy Andrews
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at [email protected], subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.