Many leaders today are chronically overworked and overwhelmed by the seemingly non-stop demands on their time and attention. If you feel like you’re constantly outrunning burnout, resentment, and collapse, chances are you aren’t performing up to your potential as a leader. Hard work tends to go hand-in-hand with success, but over the long term, that missed potential could translate to missed career opportunities and burnout. Plus, if you’re always scrambling to get things done, you may be missing the big-picture perspective.
The alternative is to lead differently – mindfully – for greater clarity about the results that most merit a leader’s time and attention and how to show up with the presence that leads to your highest and best contributions as a leader and as a person.
Jesse and guest Scott Eblin discuss four simple but powerful “killer apps” that leaders can use right away to reclaim your life – and drive big changes in productivity for you and your team.
Scott Eblin is the author of two books: his first was The Next Level: What Insiders Know About Executive Success, and his new book is Overworked and Overwhelmed: The Mindfulness Alternative. Scott is on the faculty at Georgetown University, he’s a former Fortune 500 executive, and he’s the co-founder and president of The Eblin Group, a professional development and executive coaching firm.
Jesse and Scott talk about:
- How to consistently show up at your best
- Four simple, powerful, and immediately applicable “killer apps”: mindfulness routines that will help you reduce stress, sustain peak performance, and strengthen leadership presence
- Inspiring examples of mindfulness in action from leaders ranging from a U.S. Coast Guard Commandant to the CEO of Hilton Worldwide
- Simple, practical, and immediately applicable ways to strengthen mindful leadership presence in the four key domains of life: physical, mental, relational, and spiritual
- Greater clarity about the highest and best uses of your time and attention to get the results that matter most
- A personal roadmap for the practices and routines that lead to results that matter most
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: OverworkedAndOverwhelmed.com
- Live Teleseminar: www.remarkablelearning.com/?teleseminar=october-16-overworked-overwhelmed
- Blog: EblinGroup.com/blog
- Twitter: @ScottEblin
- LinkedIN: www.linkedin.com/in/scotteblin
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.