Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The things you and your team want most—peace of mind, fulfilling relationships, success at work—are surprisingly straightforward to achieve. But habits and behaviors often trip up our best efforts. Let Peter Bregman help you learn quick, counter-intuitive actions that save time, boost energy, and increase productivity to get the results you want. To thrive in our fast-paced world, four seconds can help leaders and organizations make intentional choices that lead to better outcomes.
In our conversation, we cover:
- How to increase your ability to resist distractions and focus on what really matters
- Why listening—not arguing—is the best strategy for changing someone’s mind
- Why setting goals can actually harm performance
- How to stop “performing” and start experiencing the moment (which will immediately improve your performance)
Peter Bregman began his career teaching leadership on wilderness and mountaineering expeditions, and then moved into the consulting field with the Hay Group and Accenture, before starting Bregman Partners in 1998. His new book is Four Seconds: All the Time You Need to Stop Counter-Productive Habits and Get the Results You Want. His previous book was the Wall Street Journal bestseller 18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done, winner of the Gold medal from the Axiom Business Book awards, named the best business book of the year on NPR, and selected by Publisher’s Weekly and the New York Post as a top 10 business book. Featured on PBS, ABC and CNN, Peter is a regular contributor to Harvard Business Review, Fast Company, Forbes, National Public Radio (NPR), Psychology Today, and CNN.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: Four Seconds: All the Time You Need to Stop Counter-Productive Habits and Get the Results You Want
- Previous book: 18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done
- Website: www.peterbregman.com
- Leadership school: peterbregman.com/leadership-school/
- Twitter: @peterbregman
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/PeterBregmanAdvisor
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/peterbregman
- Google+: plus.google.com/105321784293998607584/posts
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.