You and everyone on your team has an “inner innovator,” creative potential inside that can be unleashed and harnessed. With the right tools and a little practice, you and your team can improve your creative thinking skills. What’s more, you can build an embedded capability for innovation that engages everyone at your organization and leads to game-changing opportunities.
Our guest today is Rowan Gibson, one of the world’s foremost thought leaders on business innovation. He is the internationally bestselling author of three books on business strategy and innovation – Rethinking The Future, Innovation to the Core, and his newest book, The 4 Lenses of Innovation: A Power Tool for Creative Thinking.
- Challenging Orthodoxies—What if the dominant conventions in your field, market, or industry are outdated, unnecessary, or just plain wrong?
- Harnessing Trends—Where are the shifts and discontinuities that will, now and in the future, provide the energy you need for a major leap forward?
- Leveraging Resources—How can you arrange existing skills and assets into new combinations that add up to more than the sum of their parts?
- Understanding Needs—What are the unmet needs and frustrations that everyone else is simply ignoring?
- Website: www.rowangibson.com
- Innovation Excellence website: www.innovationexcellence.com
- Book: Four Lenses of Innovation: A Power Tool for Creative Thinking (Note: although we are usually fans of Kindle, we strongly recommend the print version of this book due to its graphical layout.)
- Twitter: @RowanGibson
- Other Engaging Leader podcasts about innovation:
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.