What’s the ONE Thing you (or your team) can do this week such that by doing it, everything else would be easier or unnecessary?
Behind every successful person is their ONE Thing. No matter how success is measured, personal or professional, only the ability to dismiss distractions and concentrate on your ONE Thing stands between you and your goals. The ONE Thing is about getting extraordinary results in every situation.
In this episode, Jesse shares what he’s learned from chapter 1 of the book The ONE Thing and provides examples of applying the lessons.
What is the ONE Thing standing between you and your goals? To help identify your ONE Thing, you may find it helpful to ask yourself (or your team) these additional questions:
- If you could work only two hours per week, what would you do?
- What if I could only subtract to solve problems? What should I simplify? What should I put on my not-to-do list?
- Am I hunting antelope or field mice?
- When looking at your to-do list, which one to-do would render all the rest either easier or unnecessary?
- What would this look like if it were easy?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Book: The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
- Book: Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferriss
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.