Kevin Werbach is coauthor of For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business. He is a professor at Wharton, one of the world’s top business schools, and he created the world’s first MBA course on gamification. Kevin is the founder of the Supernova Group, a technology analysis and consulting firm. He is considered a leading expert on emerging trends in communications and technology.
Together, Jesse and Kevin kick off our Game Changer miniseries by discussing 6 steps that you as a leader can take to effectively use gamification to engage your employees:
- DEFINE business objectives
- DELINEATE target behaviors
- DESCRIBE your players
- DEVISE activity loops
- DON’T forget the fun!
- DEPLOY the appropriate tools
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Podcast: Engaging Leader 038: How Gamification Can Revolutionize Your Business | with Kevin Werbach
- Kevin’s website: GamifyForTheWin.com
- Kevin’s book: For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business
- Kevin’s Online Course on Gamification at Coursera.org
- Keas’s website: Keas: The Corporate Wellness Program That Dramatically Increases Employee Engagement
- Salesforce’s website: Work.com
- Be sure to follow Kevin on Twitter: @kwerb
- For a deeper discussion of the topics covered in this episode, check out our LinkedIn group at engagingleader.com/group
To stay up on the latest news and trends in employee gamification, join the Game Changer group on LinkedIn.
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at [email protected]eader.com, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.
For the transcript of this episode: 6 Steps to Effective Gamification | with Kevin Werbach