How we communicate affects whether other people feel a sense of ownership, accountability, and engagement. On the Power-Pronoun matrix, engaging leaders stay in the first-person most of the time.
Recent Posts & Podcasts
- 215: The Long-Distance Teammate | with Kevin Eikenberry and Wayne Turmel
- 214: 4 Great Interview Questions to Ask Before You Hire | with Paul Falcone
- Seven Practices to Ensure Creative Brainstorming in a Virtual World
- What Are You Forgetting? Press Play on Video
- Serial Comma or Not? Whatever You Do, Be Consistent
- The Best Open Enrollment Tactics in a Pandemic
- Do You Know Who Is Influencing Your Culture?
- Top Five Open Enrollment Messages for this Year
- Pandemic Changes Workforce Trends — Three Types of Employees Highlighted in Gartner Data
Accountability Behavioral economics Benefits communication Collaboration Communication skills Communication strategy Communication tactics Creativity Culture Emotional intelligence Employee engagement Employer brand Family leadership Gamification Generational Gratitude HR technology Inclusion Influence 3.0 Innovation Key messages Leadership (general) Leadership presence Leading change Life engagement Mental energy Mindfulness Mobile Model/framework Neuroscience Presenting Principles Productivity Purpose Recruiting Remote Workforce Self-leadership Social media Storytelling Talent management Tools Values Visual Well-being Work satisfaction