Workplace clinics can promote employee health, reduce medical and hospitalization costs, and even increase productivity and employee engagement. But there are pitfalls that can waste money and even hurt employee trust.
Joe Ellis is Senior Vice President at CBIZ, one of the leading professional service firms wiith more than 200 offices in 33 states, where he helps businesses manage their employee benefit plans, including determining whether and how on-site clinics should be implemented as part of the overal health strategy.
Jesse and Joe discuss several issues regarding workplace clinics, including:
- What are the biggest reasons an employer would want to consider providing an on-site clinic?
- What are the downsides or risks for the employer?
- What type of medical staff is involved, and are they employees of the company or a separate entity?
- What’s the minimum number of employees needed at a given location for a clinic to be financially feasible?
- How do you best engage employees and other stakeholders to ensure the clinic is utilized enough to meet the employer’s goals?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Website: http://cbiz.com/
- Blog post: Benefits of On-Site Clinics
- Blog post: On-Site Clinics Becoming More Popular
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/joeellissr/
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.