Thankfulness changes things: in yourself, in your team, and in your impact.
As we approach Thanksgiving in the US, and the New Year goal-setting that most of us will be undertaking over the coming weeks, let me encourage you to make it a priority to improve your gratitude over the coming year. In fact, if you make no other improvement this year, practicing gratitude will significantly boost your leadership effectiveness, as well as the personal happiness for you and the people you lead.
To help you better practice gratitude, this episode discusses:
- 3 primary obstacles to a leader’s gratefulness,
- 3 personal benefits of gratitude for you and your team,
- 5 leadership benefits of gratitude, and
- 6 ways to practice gratitude as a leader.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Books by Robert Emmons, Ph.D: Thanks! How Practicing Gratitude Can Make You Happier, and Gratitude Works!: A 21-Day Program for Creating Emotional Prosperity
- Book: Strengths-Based Leadership by Tom Rath and Barry Conchie
- Podcast Episode 043: How to Lead a Likeable Business | with Dave Kerpen
In addition to the sources noted above under Resources Mentioned, Jesse is grateful to Cody Gascho, pastor at Praxis Church, who provided helpful research and information a few years ago in a series of messages about gratefulness.
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.