If you haven’t yet realized it, there’s been a communication revolution building, and it has now reached the tipping point for workforce health engagement.
- People are now using mobile devices more than desktop computers for digital media, with mobile apps dominating the usage.
- Text messaging has become the preferred communication method for most people.
- And people use their phones to research health-related content almost more than any other topic.
Today we’ll dig into the data behind this mega-trend, and talk about how you can use mobile to improve the knowledge, decision-making, and behaviors of employees and their families, to optimize health outcomes, control medical costs, and enhance workplace productivity.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Speaking or consulting: Invite Jesse to speak to your benefits or wellness team
- Engaging Leader podcast 118: Engaging Employees in the “Mobile Moment” | with Joe Loya
- Study by ComScore: New Study Sheds Light on Mobile Engagement
- Blog post: #GenMobile: Bridging the Workforce Generational Gap
- Blog post: Mobile Engagement: 5 Ways to Reach More Employees, Faster
- 5M Framework for communication strategy: Blog post and podcast
- Off-the-shelf app example: APPrise mobile
- Microsite example: MblHR
- Bulk text messaging example: Text the word engage to 31996. (You’ll receive an automated text message within a minute or two, plus occasional updates. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP anytime to opt out.)
- Bulk text messaging provider: Slicktext.com (use code ENGAGE for 15% discount)
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org, subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.